New year, New leadership

New year, New leadership

With a new year comes new changes. In 2016, when longtime student council adviser Kimberly Hodsdon took a job as an associate principal at Stevenson High School, student council was in need of new leadership.
For the first semester of the year, teacher Lisa Lorincz stepped up and took over to help out the group. During this time, president senior Danielle Kaschalk took on great responsibility and embraced her leadership role.
“Lorincz had years of experience being an advisor and planning events,” senior Danielle Kaschalk said. “She taught us all a lot and we are very grateful for her.”
Now into the second semester of the year, permanent leadership is taking over. Teachers Holly Yucha and Maria Rajewski will replace Lorincz.
“We are excited to have the two new advisors,” senior Stephanie Bering said.“They have a lot of new ideas for the future years of student council.”
With new leadership comes the question of what news changes and adjustments will be made during the rest of the year and years following.
“I’m very excited for the new advisors because they have fresh new exciting ideas,” senior Alexa Kessen said. “I can’t wait to see where they take student council in the next few years.”
Yucha has leadership skills to offer from coaching the junior varsity cheerleading team this past season. Rajewski has many ideas and a lot to offer.
“I think that they have a lot of new and fun ideas that they are ready to implement,” senior Leah Wylie said. “They really care about making the school a better place for students and teachers.”
Both new student council advisors have a lot to offer and will bring a lot of new activities to Utica in the next few years. With both teachers having organization and leadership skills that they can put forth to benefit student council.
Everyone appears to be hopeful very successful in the upcoming years.
“I am excited to show my Chieftain spirit,” Yucha said. “The student council has a large presence in the school.”