Filed under News, Opinion

‘Egg Boy’ eggs on Australian senator

Fraser Anning (left) and Will Connolly (right) attend a Melbourne news conference following the Christchurch massacre.

Seven Network

So here’s the tea on world famous Egg Boy:

March 16, 2019, Will Connolly smashed an egg on an Australian senator’s head. The senator, Fraser Anning, had been preaching how the Christchurch massacre was the fault of Muslim immigration and created a lot of tension between him and his fellow politicians.

To show his opposition to Anning’s recent backlash against the Muslim community, Connolly arrived on the scene to eggs-ecute his plan. Armed with an egg and determination, Connolly egged the senator and took on Anning’s brute supporters. Granted, he didn’t win against them, but Connolly won over the hearts of people around the globe including mine.

Politicians need to rally with the victims’ fight for justice. People should not have to feel as if their government doesn’t care for their well-being. No community deserves to be assaulted and targetted by the world, and especially not by the people who are supposed to protect them.

A ‘Go Fund Me’ page has been set up to help Connolly pay legal fees and to purchase more eggs for future eggs-capades. The page has raised over $50,000 and the donations keep on coming. Connolly has plans to send most of the money raised to victims of the Christchurch terrorist attack.

I’m not saying that you should toss an egg at any politician you disagree with, but today’s teens do need to get more involved with the world of politics. In this situation, I probably would have had an entire carton of eggs at the ready. It’s definitely not what anyone should do to get their opinions across, though.

Educating yourself is, by far, the best way to go when being introduced to politics. Knowing what’s on a ballot and what everything stands for allows the people to egg-tablish the foundations for the future.

Alexa Reynolds, Design Editor

Alexa Reynolds. What to say about her... Well she loves watching Netflix, specifically "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power," and snowboarding at Mt. Brighton....