Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Sneakers vs. Heels

Lucinda Bushuano
Heels from homecoming.

Homecoming was a big success this year according to students who attended. There were all sorts of shoe choices. Some students preferred looking stylish in heels, and some wanted to stay comfortable in sneakers. However, not all shoes worn were traditional.

“I wore sneakers,” sophomore Kim Garcia said, “because I wanted to be comfy.”

Many students who chose to wear sneakers wanted to have freedom in their movement. Students were dancing all night. Many moves were things girls in heels could not do or else injuries could occur. Most students chose sneakers.

“I wore heels,” sophomore Sophie Bowers said, ”I thought it looked better with my dress.”

Girls that chose to wear heels were looking for more of a formal appearance. Some wanted the heels to match their dress or compliment the color scheme. Students were not injured from wearing heels, but their feet were definitely sore.

“I wore sneakers,” junior Faith Kopp said, ”I didn’t want to break my ankle.”

Sneaker wearing students knew the consequences of heels. Nobody was hurt, but they would rather be safe than sorry.

“Heels for life,” sophomore Dea Lleshaj said, ”they looked better with my dress and made me look taller.”

Most girls chose heels for homecoming because of how they looked with what they wore. Although there were restrictions of movement from the heels, students either pushed through the night, or took their heels off completely to avoid pain.

”I just wore heels,” sophomore Jacqueline Gashaj said. ”I didn’t want to carry sneakers around.”

Some students who wore heels ended up regretting not changing their choice to sneakers because of the aftermath of homecoming.

”I chose to go with heels because they looked cuter,” Gashaj said. ”If I could go back in time and change my choice, I would, because my feet were red and sore at the end of the day. If I wore sneakers, it would have been more comfortable.”

Jacqueline Gashajs’s converses. Photo taken by Alayna Smith.