Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

FRIGHTFUL NIGHT

Theatre department presents fall play in three acts
Robin Bauman
Tech crew and actors receive notes from the director.

This year’s theater production, “Fright Night” by L. Don Swartz, is a mashup of three scary short stories including “The Tell Tale Heart,” “The Monkey’s Paw,” and “Midnight Wax.” The show dates are Nov. 9 and 10 at 7pm and Nov. 11 at 4pm. Tickets are ten dollars for adults and eight dollars for students, and will be sold both online and before the show.

“The show is very frightening,” senior Nadya Derosa said. “It puts you in the mood for Halloween.”

The theater program works hard to make sure each of the characters are casted by people who they believe will represent that character best.

“Casting was stressful, but it was good,” senior Kennadi Hazen said. “We got a lot of new people this year, so it was nice seeing the new talent that we have for this show.”

The majority of the people who auditioned happened to be sophomores and juniors.

“Rehearsals have been really fun, as they usually are,” junior Logan Spillane said. “Everyone’s been doing fantastic, and everything’s coming along great. Definitely gonna be more than ready for opening night on the ninth.”

Senior Kennadi Hazen directed this year’s play.

“I thought it was a really interesting production,” Hazen said. “Mr. K was looking for a director, and I thought that would be a good opportunity for me to expand my knowledge of theater.”

In this show, the stories are told in three different acts with a ten-minute intermission between each of them.

“I think it’s really cool because it’s three separate shows all put into one,” senior Maia Suggs said. “There’s three stories told in different ways and different moods with each story.”

Many have heard of “The Tell Tale Heart” by Edgar Allen Poe, and “The Monkey’s Paw” by W.W. Jacobs, but “Midnight Wax” is an original piece written by “Fright Night” playwright L. Don Swartz.

“I’m in the third of the three shows, ‘Midnight Wax,'” junior Logan Spillane said. “I play a character named Herbert Midgett. He’s the owner of a wax museum which may or may not be haunted.”

As a preview, students will have the opportunity to watch one of the acts during the school day, according to their class, on Wednesday, Nov. 8.

“It showcases a lot of talent, drama and mystery” senior Kennadi Hazen said. “I think it’s a good show for people to come see.”