Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Book Club

Mrs. Konnie and Ms. Kevonian reading a ‘Silent Patient.’

The book club is about reading the same books individually, then has a meeting together as a group to review concepts on what topics were being read.

“We read various genres of books,” senior Mia Sutton said, “including romance, mystery, dystopian and historical fiction.”

The books that they are reading are, ‘Under the Whispering Door’ by TJ Klume, ‘Silent Patient’ by Alex Michaelides, ‘The Rose Code’ by Kate Quinn, and ‘Fourth Wing’ by Rebecca Yarros. They read these books throughout 2023.

The book club is a good addition to seeing as it can help students with lots of things.

“The book club is an encouraging environment,” teacher Melissa Kevonian said. “Reading helps develop things like creative thinking, builds vocabulary, increases working ability, and does so many other things in our brain, letting students pick out a book that appeals to them encourages students to read.”

Being in the book club has been beneficial to the students. In book club they read for themselves and not because they have to for school, the concept of reading a nice book is fun without the stress of the school.

“I love to read for myself on my own time,” junior Sofia Cvetkovski said. “It’s nice to take a break and reading relaxes me.”

Different topics like ‘how the story was so far’ or ‘how are the characters and plot are developing throughout the story’ are being discussed at meetings.

Being in the book club is a very welcoming environment, everyone in there has a shared interest in the books they are reading.

When people think about book club, they think it’s boring concept, but people in the book club beg to differ.

“I don’t think the book club is boring,” senior Breanna Kosanke said. “Each new book every month brings fresh new thoughts and invigorating new discussions. Books can be just as immersive as movies or tv shows, it’s easy how one can suck you in.”

Some of these books being read are popular on social media and members are excited to read about it.

“I would say I’m most looking forward to ‘Fourth Wing’ by Rebecca Yarros,” senior Kosanke said. “I’ve seen so much hype around this book circulating around book-tok and I’m curious to see how it will live up.”

“I’m definitely liking this month’s book ‘The Silent Patient’,” senior Adiaelizabeth Catarino said. “It piqued my interest the most.”

Reading fun books keeps the readers in book club interested. The book club is a fun experience to anyone who joins.