Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Pretty in pink for Barbie

Students dress up to watch the popular ‘Barbie’ movie and discuss messages throughout the film
Gracie Wetherington
MCT photos/graphic by Gracie Wetherington

There have been many new releases of movies this year, but the number one movie by far is “Barbie.” At the time there was a release of another movie called “Oppenheimer.” There was debate on which movie was better, but “Barbie” seemed to come out on top among the students and staff. Many students around the school attended the movie dressed in pink, making almost every chair in the movie theater pink. It is a movie of many genres including comedy, adventure, and romance. The movie is fit for all ages and genders. There are also multiple underlying messages built into the movie. Many students formed their own opinion and what they took away from the movie.

Sophomore Alayna Smith said she had a roller coaster of emotions throughout the movie. While she loved the movie, she loved the message more.

“I thought the ‘Barbie’ movie was good, but kind of sad,” Smith said. “The most important thing that I took away is that being a girl is hard.”

Dressing up in all pink and dressing up as a Barbie doll was a very popular thing to do when going to see the Barbie movie.

“The movie was interesting and worth my watch,” junior Fiona Subashi said. “I had fun dressing up with my friends.”

There was many different messages that Barbie displayed throughout the movie; it seems as if everyone took away something different.

“I really enjoyed the Barbie movie,” senior Mary Moriarty said. “It showed a message about all women are beautiful, and you don’t need a man to feel good about yourself.”

Principal Timothy Youngblood shared a few thoughts about the movie after watching it with his daughter.

“It was much better than what I expected,” Youngblood said. “What I took from it was that everything we have as humans is special and to make it count.”

The “Barbie” movie was the hot topic that brought many people around the school throughout all different grades together. It was a good conversation piece. Seeing the different kinds of opinions and takeaways that different students received was something that does not happen often.

View Comments (1)