Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Giving back through team building

Students+shop+at+Meijer+for+Toys+for+Tots.+
Tammy Hilliard
Students shop at Meijer for Toys for Tots.

This holiday season, seniors in the Sophomore Senior Program (SSP) did more than mentor their sophomores.

On Tuesday, Dec. 12, senior mentors participated in a team building day, which included several hours at STEPS Adventure Education and Training, as well as community service, wrapping presents and delivering them to the Macomb County building and families.

“We got to do these team building activities that took a lot of patience and resilience, especially when we wanted to give up,” senior Dani Cesario said. “It taught us to rely on each other like how we do in SSP.”

Over the last several weeks, SSP seniors and sophomores collected donations and contributed towards families in need.

“SSP went Shopping at the Meijer Clinton Twp store and purchased $2,550 worth of Christmas gifts for 50 kids off the Macomb County giving tree, The Corless Family and the McSween Family,” teacher Tammy Hilliard said.

The SSP program has taught kids a remarkable lesson about gift giving during the holidays.

View Comments (1)