Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Student’s New Years Resolutions

Checking to see what students want in the new year.
Larry Nelson III
Michael Ashford doing his assignment.

It is 2024 and everyone wants something in the year to go their way. Everyone has a dream and process to make it to their dream.

For many students, academics are at the top of their goal lists.

“This year it would good having a 4.0 GPA as well as all A’s” sophomore Gem Suhair said.

One student is going for something to improve their productivity.

“I want to try to get my work done in class so that way I can be productive in my normal day-to-day life,” junior Caitlyn Seal said.”

One student wants to have all A’s to be on top.

“I figured if having all A’s is being the best of the best then I would want that so that I can be best of the best,” sophomore Kareem Saleh said.

Another student has the same aspiration.

“I want to go for all A’s and increase my GPA,” sophomore Michael Ashford said.

Instead of an academic new year’s resolution, some students have physical goals for 2024.

“I want a D1 offer,” sophomore Adan Arabr said. “For sports I want to increase my endurance as well as stats for certain physical sports like basketball,” sophomore Ashford said.

Rather than a physical goal this year, one person wants to achieve a moral goal.

“I just want to be a better person as a man and in general just a human being,” junior Karlo Maselli said.

Even if many students don’t have any set resolutions, some do believe that New Years Resolutions as a concept are useful and are beneficial.

“I think New Years Resolutions are beneficial because they can make you grow as a person and help you stop doing the bad habits you had done last year,” sophomore Taylor Brantley said.

Though one student doesn’t think the same way.

“New Years Resolutions have the highest chance of being broken because the people that do those mainly do it to fit in rather than doing it for themselves,” junior Remy Barents said.

Whether or not you love or hate New Year’s Resolution people have goals and are set on achieving those goals.