Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Michigan defeats Alabama in the Rose Bowl

Over the past week Michigan faced Alabama in the Rose bowl for the College Football playoffs on Monday January 1st. The Michigan Wolverines have officially beat the Alabama Crimson Tide by a score of 27-20 in overtime!

Michigan was led to victory by quarterback J.J. McCarthy who completed 17/27 of his passes which is a 63% completion percentage. McCarthy also passed for 221 passing yards and 3 touchdown passes. He did all of this with no interceptions.

Blake Corum also led his team to victory with 19 carries and 83 rushing yards. He also battled into the endzone for 1 rushing touchdown.

Photo from MLive sports by

This win for Michigan means a lot to both the team and its fans as for the past three years they have fell short of a playoff win. In 2021 Michigan fell short to Georgia 34-11 in a heartbreaking blowout loss. Then in 2022 Michigan played TCU and lost 51-45 in another heartbreaking shootout.

“The Michigan game was a very exciting and good game, my favorite part was watching Michigan’s D-fence and stopping Alabama and getting 6 sacks.” Junior Michael Hoppe said.

The last time Michigan has won a National Championship was 1997 and they plan on making history and proving everyone wrong and finish the season strong.

Hoppe also said his favorite Michigan player is Kenneth Grant defensive lineman for the Michigan Wolverines.

On the other side of students in Utica high school Michigan State fans like Sophomore Tate Tomatti said, “I don’t like the outcome of the game. I wanted Alabama to win because I don’t like Michigan.”Michigan vs Washington: Clash of Styles in CFP Championship

As much as the Wolverines and Michigan fans are happy about the win there is still more to come as the number 1 ranked Michigan Wolverines still have to play the number 2 ranked Washington Huskies in the National Championship on Monday January 8th.

Photo from BNN breaking by Sports correspondent Salman Khan