Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Girls Swim Advances in Divisions

Girls swim advanced to MAC white division, only 30 points away from winning divisions

Girls swim team has moved up the MAC white division, whereas last year they were in the MAC blue division.

“The girls were excited to take on this challenge, worked hard, and had big improvements throughout the season,” swim coach Joe Michol said. “The most exciting aspect was 90% of the girls had season and personal best times during this meet.”

Sophomore Alayna Collins set a new school record for the 100m breaststroke with a time of 1:11:28.

“My coaches and parents motivate me with all of their support,” Collins said. “I was excited, and I tried my hardest, so it felt right to find out I broke a record.”

In the 200-medley relay and 200 freestyle, the team consisting of freshman Ella Sam, senior Isabella Haewsky, sophomore Alayna Collins, and senior Graelyn Baumann finished in second place.

“I believe they have gained a lot of experience swimming the competition together,” Michol said, “which will make us stronger for next year’s season.”

Others also broke a personal record time.

Sophomore Nataly Dempsey beat her 500 time of 6:50 with a new time of 6:20.

“I liked being a part of the team,” Dempsey said, “everybody becomes friends with everybody.”

Baumann set a new personal record for the 50 freestyle and 200 relay.

“There was a big bond created,” Baumann said. “We all become family and the coaches really care for us.”

Haewsky also broke a personal record in the 100 free, setting a time of 59:26.

“I liked dual meets the most,” Haewsky said. “They are every Tuesday and Thursday, so we didn’t have to go to practice.”

One of the captains, senior Sofia Wolyniec de Freitas, was happy to be a part of the team and proud to have come so far in her swimming career.

“Becoming friends with everyone was the best part,” Freitas said. “I got to know all of the girls.”

The girls are proud of themselves and all that they achieved throughout the season this year. Many records and goals were achieved this season. They are optimistic for next season and are excited to see what next year has to bring for them in their swim careers.