Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Skiing/Snowboarding Club

Teacher Natalie Jenzen started the ski club this year, and the snowboard club has been around. The club meets on Wednesdays right after school.  It consists of students of all grades. While joining the club, you get a membership card to get into Mount Holly and are able to make new friends.

Senior Brent Cole snowboards, but you can choose whether you would like to ski, snowboard, or both.

“I’ve been snowboarding for five years, and since I already leave school early, I can spend more time on the mountain,” Cole said. “Just being out there is calming.”

Sophomore Gabriel Bugnariu said he has recently started snowboarding and enjoys it.

“I mostly like going fast,” Bugnariu said. “I also like doing jumps a lot.”

There are also perks that come with being in the club like getting to spend time with friends, the membership card to Mount Holly, getting to make new memories and experiences, and mostly getting to spend time outside in the snow.

“The price drop is nice,” sophomore Gavin Byrne said. “It’s a cheaper price to get in to Mount Holly.”

Even if there is a week where the club does not meet, you are more than welcome to use the membership card to go and ski or snowboard on your own.

“I joined because it was a lot cheaper than normal to go snowboard,” senior Jacob Brohl said, “and I also can go snowboard more often.”

The group’s first meeting was on January 17th, because the surplus of snow allowed it.

“Currently I have eight Utica High students, but I think the weather this year isn’t helping,” Jenzen said. “I heard many students say they didn’t want to join this year because they weren’t sure how often they would get to the hill this year.”

Jenzen wants everybody to go out and be able to enjoy the winter weather.