Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Winter break recap

A sign teacher Stacy Smale took a picture of on a private island in the Carribean. (Stacy Smale)

Chieftains just came back from winter break, which took place from Dec. 22 to Jan. 2. this may leave some wondering how they spent it.

Some Chieftains spent their break traveling. sophomore Kristian Vitanovski went to the Carribean.

“I spent a week in St Lucia,” Vitanovski said, “My favorite part was seeing and learning about the rainforest there.”

Sophomore Anna Brown instead stayed in the country and went to various national parks.

“My favorite part was when we went to see the Grand Canyon,” Brown said, “it was breathtaking.”

Teacher Stacy Smale went on a Royal Caribbean, Bahama cruise with her sister and father.

“My sister lives in South Carolina, so we haven’t seen each other for Christmas often,” Smale said, “I loved hearing about what our boys did throughout their vacation.”

Principle Timothy Youngblood spent several days in Pittsburg.

“we got a new puppy that we got to spend a lot of time with” Youngblood said, “it was great spending some time in the city.”

Some, on the other hand, spent their break at home. Take for example senior Gyro Gabbo, who spent his break playing videogames.

“I played Fortnite all throughout break,” Gabbo said, “my favorite moment was hitting unreal.”

Sophomore Herrique Queiroz spent his break doing much of the same, with added sports.

“I spent Break playing videogames and basketball,” Queiroz said, “My favorite part was winning the championship.”

Sticking to sports, junior Aiden Budd went to a hockey game.

“I went to a Red Wings game,” Budd said, “It was amazing seeing them win in overtime.”

Senior Matthew Podar spent his break simply relaxing, and not stressing about anything.

“I didn’t do a dang thing,” Podar said, “My favorite part was just lying in bed.”

Everyone seems to have had a great time during break.