Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

HE’S ALL MATT

Hunter Thomson’s lifelong wrestling journey
Tom Thomson
Side by side comparison of Thomson in elementary school and in high school.

Senior Hunter Thomson, captain of the wrestling team, has been wrestling for majority of his life.

“This is my 12th year wrestling,” Thomson said. “I’ve wrestled for Romeo Youth Wrestling Club, Eisenhower Youth Wrestling Club, Michigan United Wrestling Club, Team Michigan, and New Jersey.”

Thomson has made a lot of impressive achievements over the years. He was top 16 in the country at Fargo Nationals and also Grappler Fall Classic runner up.

“Every wrestler faces their ups and downs,” Thomson said, “but it takes mental toughness and a positive open mindset in order to push through, improve and better from your mistakes.”

Thomson takes serious pride in being one of the captains of the wrestling team.

“My responsibility as captain is to keep good energy within the team while also maintaining a hard working environment,” Thomson said. “I want to inspire everyone
to better themselves in and outside the wrestling room. Everyone should be having fun, especially at meets and tournaments.”

Thomson is still undecided college wise. He is considering going to Rochester University for either engineering, sports management, or business marketing.

“My motivation to keep wrestling is my passion for it,” Thomson said, “how much it changed my life, and to save money when I go to college.”

Thomson is really looking forward to the exciting ending of his high school career.

“What I’m most excited for this season is listening to my walkout song in Ford Field as I run out of the tunnel to my finals match,” Thomson said.\

One of Thomson’s biggest supporters is his coach, Coach Clinton Davis.

“He is a very hard worker,” Davis said. “He puts in a lot of extra work outside the season. He does a lot of extra wrestling and developing of himself. Hunter is really good about helping out the team, teammates. He’s turned into a really good leader for the team, which I am proud of for him. He’s a really good wrestler, we’re looking for him to go really far this year on the mat. I think his state of mind right now is very good and he is determined.”

Davis has been watching Thomson’s progress and is hoping for a successful season.

“I’ve known Hunter a long time, he is grown and he’s matured in all the right ways, and I think he’s doing well, and he’s in a good spot.”

Thomson is playing a huge role this year as one of the wrestling teams captains.

“Hunter has been a good role model, someone to strive to be like on the team. He has gotten a lot of guys to do the extra work along with him which is a good thing. He wants to have a good wrestling team, so he has gotten some of the teammates onboard with all the extra stuff that needs to be done to do that.”

Thomson’s junior season ended off with the huge accomplishment of being a state qualifier.

This season is started and underway. Make sure to check out the wrestling team this season and give them lots of your support.