Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Excel Expert Certification

Students who take CTE Microsoft Office were able to get the Excel Expert Certificate. From the people that were able to take the test for the certificate, only 30 percent did it and passed. 50 students attempted the test, and 38 of the 50 passed. This gives a 75 percent pass rate.
To qualify for the Excel Expert Certificate, an associate’s certification is needed. Some students got the associated certification, but chose not to take the Excel Expert Certification test.
Getting the certification can be beneficial for future job opportunities.
“The certificate verifies the student has an industry recognized mastery level,” teacher Robert Peltier said. “It can be used on a resume as part of skills and abilities when interviewing.”
Students that received the Excel Expert Certification think the same way as Peltier regarding the job benefits.
“I did it because I knew it would be a good resume builder,” senior Bradley Beauvis said. “I was pretty confident that I would pass the test.”
Resources being provided in the classroom served as an advantage for students.
“I didn’t study that much outside of class, but Mr. Peltier gave us practice tests in class” junior Mckenna Daniel said. “I just did the practice tests over and over again.”
The in class studying was beneficial for other students, as well.
“I was confident that I would pass,” senior Bradley Beauvais said. “I did the studying he gave us in class and it helped out a lot.”
Although in class studying and practice tests help to prepare, the test is unpredictable.
“It was pretty hard,” Beauvais said. “There were some questions that were not on the practice tests and you just had to infer on those ones.”
The students are aware of the difficulty level of the test, but some still choose to take it.
“I was not confident that I would pass,” senior Isabella Haewsky said. “I just kept on taking the practice tests.”