Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The importance of community service.

Why giving back to the community is a non-negotiable.
Larry Nelson III

The Arrow staff can all agree that community service is important. Giving back to your community and helping others is a selfless act that can make someone’s day, month, or even year.

When volunteering, people are not just helping out their community, but also connecting with others, learning new skills, and feeling good about giving back.

Community service can not only help people struggling, but can also provide a self-esteem boost for the volunteer. It feels good to give back and shows appreciation for all that someone may be blessed with that others are not.

Things like Mr. Chieftain are a good way to have fun while raising money for your community. The school made a group effort and used friendly competition to get students more involved and raise money for their community. They ended up raising over six thousand for the Macomb Charitable Foundation. Not only did they raise money for the community, they brought the community together. Many different people showed up to the event to support the cause and have a good time watching the competition.

The blood drive is also a selfless act of community service. Blood drives save so many lives every year. The school holding a blood drive is an amazing way to get students involved in community service. Many students make the perfect candidates to donate. Even the teachers helped out and donated at the recent blood drive. Everyone encouraged each other to donate and help out.

Community service undeniably has a positive affect on the volunteer themselves, on top of all the good it is also doing for the community. Community service can be confidence boosting and help people raise their self esteem. Community service is also very eye opening to many people. It can really change someone’s perspective on life. By helping people in less fortunate situations, people tend to feel much more grateful for what they have. This change in perspective can also encourage people to be more kind, helpful, and participate in more community service in their everyday life.

Community service is free as well. All it takes is some of your free time to make a difference. There are so many organizations and opportunities to partake in community service. They are everywhere. Anyone can find local opportunities to help out by a quick google search or phone call.

Community service does not even need to be through an organization or group. Going out in your area and picking up litter or helping someone cross the street is community service, too. Even the smallest acts can make the biggest difference.

Making even the smallest difference in someone’s day is an act of community service. Being a good member of society and adjusting your everyday actions the best you can to make your community a better place is community service.

Some people get overwhelmed by the thought of having to organize an event or schedule time into their busy day to make time for community service. However, community services can be done anywhere and anytime. Whether it be big or small, any act of kindness and showing help and care for others is an important act of community service and is making it a better place.