Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Students unite together for leadership day

Students and teachers come together for their annual Leadership Day, a special event to help students grow and help them understand how to be a better leader in the future. With fun activities and different groups, they all learned how to get together and communicate.

“Leadership day is important because teachers select certain students to go to Leadership Day and they all grow together to help have a better understanding to be a future leader, there are also three guest speakers that come in and talk to them about what the day will be about and how to be a leader,” senior Grace Jenkins said. “The students also are put into different groups to work on activities and interact with the other students.”

Another student agreed that the day was filled with group activities.

“Leadership Day was a great way to meet others and learn what it truly means to be a leader. It was a fun day for all the students and got to do a lot of fun activities surrounding the idea of leadership,” sophomore Preston Petkoff said. “I also got to meet new faces and friends which was really nice, and I got to learn what the importance of what Leadership Day is really about.”

The student council president also agreed and led into what the day was more about.

“Leadership Day was definitely beneficial to the students because they were taught leadership skills, while meeting other leaders in their school and were able to learn so much while having fun at the same time,” senior Gabriela Boskovich said. “I think it made an impact on both the students and school, we tried to make it memorable so the students would always remember it. I also think that they learned new skills that were interesting to them that will stick with them. They did many activities including icebreakers, building towers, and blindfolded solo cup games. There were also keynote speakers that talked about how being a leader led to where they are today.”

With the team activities and meeting new people, another member of student council also helped with this special day.

“It was my first year helping with Leadership Day. I picked it as my senior activity, and I think that we made a lot of changes,” senior Carly Sumner said. “Everyone enjoyed it and it made everybody get out of their comfort zone to meet new people and try new things. It really helped them to know how to be a good future leader.”

Another student that attended also thought it was a fun day.

“Leadership Day was really fun. It was a nice little break from my classes, and I really enjoyed it,” sophomore Emilio Oddo said. “It was good to have some fun and meet other people to do activities and games together.”