Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Malcolm Todd live at El Club in Detroit

Malcolm+Todd+and+his+band+preforming+one+of+his+hit+songs+during+the+concert.+
Gracie Wetherington
Malcolm Todd and his band preforming one of his hit songs during the concert.

Waiting in anticipation, the crowd was rustling around in the small room. Everyone trying to get as close to the stage as possible. Then, all the sudden the crowd burst into screams and cheers. Malcolm Todd came out playing his hit song Art House’

I went to a concert at a small venue in Detroit, El Club, where Malcolm Todd held a sold out show. El Club is a very intimate venue in Mexicantown. This was the perfect venue for the type of shows Todd puts on. He is very interactive with his audience.

Todd’s guitarist, Luke Tyler Shelton, opened for him. Shelton just dropped his first single, “Anna” on all platforms. However, when he preformed, he sang his new single and two unreleased songs that he plans on dropping later this year. Because of how small of a show this was, I did not expect there to be any openers. I was pleasantly surprised with Shelton’s performance. He has an amazing voice and stage presence. He has such a sweet and genuine vibe. He also has so much emotion in his voice. His singing was very moving and heartfelt. He even had a lot of his family at the show because his family is from Detroit, which was very cute.

Todd was also a great performer with a good stage presence. He made sure to keep energy high, even with such a small crowd. He also talked with the audience and recorded on fan’s phones on stage. He accepted and wore different gifts fans made him. He was just very real and genuine.

On top of his kindness and energy, Todd was a great performer. Even though he said he had been sick, he still sounded great on stage. He has a great voice and is a good time on stage. He always is dancing around, making jokes, and just having a good time overall.

I really enjoyed that he played a lot of music from his older albums instead of just his most recent album and one or two of his most popular other songs. The whole experience of the concert was very intimate and I felt very connected to everyone there. This is Todd’s first ever tour and he is quickly growing. It was very special to be apart of the kick-start of his career. I have been following him for over a year now, and seeing him grow as an artist has been amazing. Even more so, to see him grow and be able to go on tour was awesome.

Since Todd is a smaller artist, the community of people at the concert was great. Everyone was a really big fan and was really excited about his music. I met so many great people and made so many new friends at the show. The community of Todd’s fans is really welcoming and friendly.

Overall, Todd and his band were a great experience and I hope they continue to grow so I can see them on tour again.

Gracie Wetherington