Friday Night Madness Frenzy

Jacob Joseph, Managing Editor

“What is Friday Night Madness?” you may ask. On Friday, Nov. 15, Utica High School is hosting a special fundraiser for the Special Olympics. The fundraising event will begin at six o’clock that will include a variety of sports teams to showcase their skills.

All levels of the boys and girls basketball will showcase their skills by scrimmaging against each other. The varsity dance team and varsity cheer will perform during the event. In addition, shooting competitions between the two varsity teams will occur.

“Playing during Friday Night Madness is very special,” senior Cayley Ebeling said. “It’s a cool way to start off our season this way.”

One event that will spotlight the event is the Special Olympic game. The gremlins, which a local Special Olympic team, will be able to play a game during the fundraiser.

“I’m really looking forward to the event,” senior Addison Guitar said. “The event is for a good cause and it’s going to be a good night for everyone.”

Not only will the sports teams participate, but the fans will also be involved. Gift raffles, and fan shooting contests will occur during this event.

All proceeds will go towards the Special Olympics, and the fundraiser will be a special night for everyone.