NAHS to bring inspirational mural to Utica

Oliver Gamez, Guest Reporter

An artistic expansion being welcomed into Utica High is creating both confusion and excitement.

The National Art Society has been painting a mural to represent the inclusion of the student body in the Utica Family. Everyone involved is working towards creating a reminder for the students to accept and embrace their uniqueness.

“I want this to be a reminder to everyone that through all of the similarities and differences we might have,” principal Tom Lietz said. “We are all the same group of people.”

Due to art teacher Mrs. Allore having been out with an injury, the process is expected to go very slow. The NAS works after school Wednesdays and Thursdays for hours at a time, projecting the quote onto the wall and painting over it.

“Since Mrs. Allore is gone I think we can expect to finish over the next few months.” Junior Talia Cesario said.

Many students are talking about the mural and of their confusion with what it’ll say. Seeing as it’s being painted in bits and pieces, excitement for the end result is starting to stir.

“I think it’s a great idea to surround yourself with positivity,” teacher Joshua Etheridge said,. “It makes the world a better place.”

Showing that you don’t have to be the best, but only the best version of yourself that you can, is the primary message.