TikTokers hope to continue using app

TikTok sues U.S. as deadline approaches

Kaitlyn Hanna, Online Reporter

Ever since TikTok launched in September 2016, users have been obsessed with the popular videos, whether they are making their own, or simply following others. Recently, the United States threatened to remove TikTok from iOS’s app store and Android’s google play store, and students were not happy about this news.

“Literally all my friends use it on a daily-basis,” senior Kathryn Kattoula said, “I feel like I’d miss out on my friend’s life, and what their up to”.

Some say that they are unsure which app could replace TikTok, many use it to check up on their friends and what they’re friends are up to.

“I feel like it is an app that causes children to do inappropriate dances and is a social media app just like any other that influences people to look at worldly things that are of little importance,” said junior Anneke Kauppile. “I think the app being banned could potentially be a good thing.”

Prior to the announcement that TikTok may get banned, many felt as the platform gave teens and children to much expose, either to politics or desensitizing children.

“I’ve spent over 20 hours on the app within this week alone,” said senior Martina Simonaj, “I don’t think I’ve spend so much time on any other app.”

Time goes flying by when you’re on the app, many agree they spend at least an hour a day on the platform, watching virtual dance videos, and lip sync’s. Many spend time on the app watching various quick point-of-views, or collectors.

Now that TikTok has partnered with Oracle, the Trump administration said the app may now meet the requirements and could be allowed to stay in the United States.

“I really hope the platform stays,” said sophomore Emily Gornicki, “I’ve got some followers on their I’d hate to lose.”