Seniors approaching graduation.

TeYanna Eades, Reporter

As the school year comes to a close, for sophomores it’s just another summer, juniors are stressed to be seniors and seniors are finally approaching graduation. Seniors are happy with leaving high school, “I am happy leaving Utica,” senior Ava Cybulski said, “But I had support that allowed me to have a bright future.”

Leaving the stressful atmosphere and entering full adulthood. But while others are happy some are nervous about it, “I’m excited but nervous to move to college.” senior Sydney Jewell said. Another senior feels the nostalgia kicking in, “Time went by really fast,” senior Rebecca Hebel said, “I’m nervous for the future.”

Seniors also have a lot to say about the experience of senioritis, “I definitely felt senioritis,” senior Cybulski said, “but my teachers made it better and I just want to get AP testing over with.” another senior, “yes, extremely.” senior Zoie Garnett said.

Often, plans for seniors are different regarding the future, “I want to go to Macomb Community college then Michigan State.” senior Mara Harrison said. Another senior already knows the job she wants, “I want to be a nurse.” senior Hebel said.

But the fun begins for seniors near this time too because of prom, “I’m excited to go to prom with all my friends!” senior Jewell said. Another senior, “I’m quite excited that’s for sure.” senior Garnett said.

A different perspective is from our Utica High principal when he was a senior, “I was ready to leave high school,” principal Tim Youngblood said, “I wanted to leave home to have independence and to live on my own with my brother.”

A teacher at Utica High shared her experience with moving onto graduation, “I was excited but also nervous going into a new stage in life.” teacher Jennifer Allure said.

While there are still more events for seniors, this school year is coming to a close for seniors. Whether it was sad, fun or eventful.  These young adults will always have the memories of Utica High School and will cherish the memories of teachers and friends.