Applications now being accepted for Superintendent’s 2018 Scholarship

UCS offers three scholarship opportunities for qualified students

Talia Cesario, Guest Reporter

Seniors, and even juniors, pay attention: Are you prepared for college and have you taken advantage of every convenient opportunity; have you applied for any possible scholarships?

UCS graduating seniors are invited to apply for the $1,000 Superintendent’s Scholarship. Students who apply also have two additional options to apply for: the $1,500 Brett Klenow Scholarship and the $1,000 Altair STEM Scholarships. All applicants are applying for the Superintendent’s Scholarship.

The students that apply for this scholarship must be academically strong, committed to a path, and must go above and beyond; according to Utica High School principal, Thomas Lietz.

Students must also have one recommendation from a teacher or likewise; or a non-family member.

The online application is available on Dec. 15 on the Utica website. The deadline to submit applications is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018.

If you consider yourself a senior with a strong academic commitment to a particular field, you are recommended by Utica High School principal Thomas Leitz to apply for this scholarship.

“[We are] looking for someone who deserves it,” UHS principal Thomas Leitz said. “Someone who has a story for it.”

Students applying for the Superintendent’s Scholarship are welcome to apply for any of the optional scholarships that they are qualified for; however, selected recipients will only receive one scholarship total.

If you maintain the qualifications and are interested in this scholarship, you are free to apply. More information, along with the application and Superintendent’s Scholarship Appraisal Form, can be found at uticak12.org/SuperintendentScholarship.