Polls

This poll has ended.

Rate the movie "The Five Nights at Freddy's" on a scale of 1 to 5.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Girls Soccer Aims For League

The Utica girl’s varsity soccer team will try to challenge for winning the league and to go far in districts.
Senior Sarah Fromm celebrates her goal over Anchor Bay in Chieftains impressive 3-0 win.
Natalie Garwood

After a long off season of hard work and conditioning, the girls’ varsity soccer team is ready to take on the spring season! This season will see many new players enter varsity as many seniors played their last season for the team. The team will also see senior Sarah Fromm, the Michigan Athletes Association girl of the year plays her last season.

“I did lots of running and sprints to get ready for the season”, sophomore Brooke Stalker said. “My goal is to help create opportunities for scoring, as well as getting a few goals myself. We have a very strong, compatible team and we want to win the MAC white, and districts.”

This year’s team has lots of new entering players, and it was important for the team to have a good connection as well as goals they want to set for the upcoming games and season ahead.
“Our team built up great chemistry before the season because we would hang out a lot, and every Sunday we would bring up the underclassman to play games,” senior Sarah Fromm said.

“I want to try to get the school record of goals this year which is 24. Last season I was very close with 22, so I’m hoping I can break it this year. As a team I would love to win the MAC white as we have lost out twice to Ford. We have a great team this year and we can go very far.”

The girls have started off the season well as in their first game against Anchor Bay resulting in a 3-0 win. The girls Then went on to play some great games and having a record of three wins, two ties, and one loss. The Chieftains would gain another win in a nail biter of a game against Grosse Point South. The game included a crazy 9 goals being scored with the two teams going back and forth on goals. The Chieftains ended up scoring 5 goals and GPS scored 4. The next game was also a win for the Chiefs in a win over Chippewa Valley which saw sophomore Ayla Dedavanaj  score a goal as well as assisting two of her teammates for the other two goals. The game also included amazing performances from senior goalkeepers Ava Lang, and Alexis Pokley making several amazing saves as well as keeping a clean sheet.
The Girls are now currently six, two, and two. They are looking like a great team that is very hard working and supportive to everyone. The girls are looking closer, and closer to achieving their main goal for the season, winning the MAC white.