Homecoming is on its way

Arianna Palushaj, Editor

The time has finally rolled around for the long awaited homecoming season to begin. The homecoming dance will be held on Oct. 6 from 7:30 p.m-10:00 p.m. and the homecoming game will be on the night of Oct. 5 at 7:00 P.M. against Warren Mott High School.

Homecoming court this year will be nominated by paper ballot during English classes on Monday Sept. 24. 

The homecoming court will have a total of seven senior couples, which insures that there will be seven males and seven females. The competition assembly on Monday, Oct. 1  is where the 2018 homecoming court will be announced.

Homecoming for most people is a very enjoyable experience and one that many people look forward to.

“I am so excited for homecoming this year, especially to see who’s going to be announced on court”, Senior Jill Jezak said.”I like the fact that i’m going to know most of the people that are going to be on court and am hoping that some of them will be my friends.”

Although homecoming is a time to have fun and make memories, it is also a very stressful and dedicated task for teacher and student council executive, Steven Haley.

“I hope, that after court has been decided, that people understand that life goes on,” Haley said.

This years homecoming king and queen will be announced after the homecoming game on Oct. 5.