So, What About Prom?

With COVID-19 making an end to may events, jobs, and schooling, it has left many seniors devastated. There’s no graduation, senior skip day, water wars, and senior prom.

Other versions of prom have been going out for the seniors. Such as the virtual Club Penguin prom, Conan Gray’s “#PROM At Home”, and simply just having your own photo shoot in your dress or suit.

The Class of 2020 has lost one of their most rememberable moments, but some took their own twist on prom. Katherine Phillips is one of the many seniors who was so distraught about not having a prom with her class.

On the other hand, some seniors aren’t so affected by the cancellation of prom. “I wasn’t looking forward to prom anyways, it’s more of the “girl’s night”,”said senior Kyle Campbell, “Its sweaty and awkward. Ten percent of the people are dancing, but the other ninety are sitting or eating.”

I, Brooklynn Hathcock, made a poll on my Instagram for seniors to say whether or not they were sad about not having a prom. 56% voted “yes”, and the other 44% voted “no”.

Phillips and her other friends had the idea to bring prom at home. Inviting their close friends, making their own Spotify playlist, and setting up ideas for a theme, they were all ready to make this big moment.

“When the time is safe and the virus is cooled down, I can’t wait to get all done up for our at-home prom,” said senior Katherine Phillips. “I can’t wait to see all of my friends get in their dresses and suits, I know that its not the same, but it’s what we can make it to be.”

I can’t wait to see all of my friends get in their dresses and suits, I know that its not the same, but it’s what we can make it to be.”

— Katherine Phillips