Bells still ring according to last year’s schedule

Students, staff annoyed by interruptions

Brooklynn Hathcock, Digital Editor in Chief

As many students know, the bells haven’t been shut off this year.

Many students are annoyed with hearing them in the middle of online classes, but teachers can definitely say that they are infuriated with these bells.

[The bells] are pointless because students aren’t in the building, they aren’t the correct times for our new schedule, and they are annoying when they ring during a class.

— Teacher Andrea Solomon

“It is an unnecessary annoyance in class,” teacher Melissa Kevonian said, “and it is pointless because it does not line up with the schedule–or need to be on without students in the building. Mrs. Solomon hates it more than I do.”

Kevonian was right.

“Oh my gosh, I hate the bells,” teacher Andrea Solomon said. “They are pointless because students aren’t in the building, they aren’t the correct times for our new schedule, and they are annoying when they ring during a class.”

Both teachers speak for all the other staff at Utica, as many teachers have voiced their frustrations at hearing the bells every single day this year, at the wrong times, causing lectures to pause until they’re done ringing.

“In addition, if they can be turned off on the day of the SAT test, as they always are, why can’t they just be turned off permanently?” Solomon asked. “I have asked our admins this questions many times. They even rang during the morning session of parent teacher conferences.”