Boys cross country finishes second in MAC Red division

Sophomore Brennan Rylander approaches the finish line at the Waterford Cross Country Invitational.

Rene Sullivan

Reid Bonifas, Sports Editor

The boys cross country team ended their dual meet season at their jamboree. They finished second in the MAC Red division with a record of nine-five.

Many runners on the team finished on top of the rankings in the race. Senior Rey Bell finished fifth, freshmen Carson Nicoletti finished seventh, junior Jeffrey Hitchcock finished tenth, sophomore Angelo Pipitone finished twelfth, junior Jack Wexler finished twenty-sixth.

“The team has really come together and I’m especially proud of senior Rey Bell and junior Jack Wexler,” senior Quinn Rylander said.

The team has had yet another winning season and has made the program look excellent.

“It was a really great day for the team,” junior Colin Fox said. “We worked hard and got good results.”

The team continues to perform well in the MAC Red division and the cross country program continues to prosper and be feared by other teams on the schedule.

“I was proud of the team and what we had accomplished,” junior Jack Wexler said. “We performed well against some pretty competitive teams.”