Poll for game of the week is closing in

Evan Gray, Online Editor

There is a poll going on twitter that is being held by WXYZ, a television station, and is sponsored by Leo’s Coney Island. The poll is being held for the high school football game of the week for the first week of playoffs.

This poll can be accessed through this link: http://www.wxyz.com/sports/vote-2017-leos-coney-island-game-of-the-week-playoffs-week-1

“The whole football team is very excited for this game because it’s our first playoff game in 7 years, and it makes it even better that we’re playing our rival,” junior Ben Mcintyre said. “If we got the title of game of the week, I feel like it would make the atmosphere of the game a whole lot better.”

The choices for the poll are: Dearborn Edsel Ford vs. Detroit King, Utica vs. Utica Eisenhower, Saline vs. Canton, Grosse Pointe South vs. Detroit Cass Tech, and Birmingham Brother Rice vs. Birmingham Groves.

“This is going to be the biggest game of the year,” junior Angelo Zeolla said. “Even though I’m not playing in the game, I feel like it’s still [going to] be the most memorable game, especially if we upset Ike and win.”

The poll for the games ends on Wednesday, October 25th, at 11:59 pm. Each voter is allowed to vote a maximum of three times.

“This potentially could be the last football game of my high school career,” senior Bennet Parisi said. “So I want it to be one of the most memorable games, and being the game of the week would make it awesome. But the best thing that could happen at the game is us winning and moving on in the playoffs.”